For this issue of Scholastic News Magazine
October 21, 2013
Print Teacher’s Guide
Can’t find your printed Teacher’s Guide? Download and print a copy here. (PDF)
Answer Key for This Issue
For a limited time, while log-in to the website is not required, we have placed your answer keys in a secret location so your students can't find them!
Please click here to submit an email to request access.
Graphic Organizer Library:
Use these graphic organizers to support comprehension of articles in Scholastic News.
- Main Idea and Details (PDF)
- Compare-Contrast (PDF)
- Cause-Effect (PDF)
- Problem-Solution (PDF)
- Vocabulary Word Detective (PDF)
- BIG FOX Nonfiction Reading Strategy (PDF)
- 5 W's Skills Sheet (PDF)
Use these whiteboard-ready classroom posters to support your lessons.
- American Heroes: Helen Keller
- Common Core Tool Kit: Nonfiction: 25 Words You Need to Know
- American Heroes: Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Common Core Tool Kit: Know Your Text Features
For Your Students
Sticky Situation Response Form
Students can use this form to respond to the ethical dilemma on page 7 of each issue. (PDF)